Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Elisabeth Grace: Five Months

Elisabeth! I can't believe you're 5 months old today!


Last week you weighed 15 lbs 4 oz and you wear a size 2 diaper. You can easily wear 3-6 and 6-9 month clothes. You even wear a few 9-12 month dresses :)

You have always been a big eater and everyone loves how big your cheeks are! Recently you've been very cranky during feedings and I can tell you want more. I'm doing everything I can to increase my supply to give you what you need! I took you to the doctors last week because you were loosing weight and we're going for another check-up tomorrow. Hopefully things are getting better. And if not, we'll figure something out. Don't worry, I won't let you starve :)


You are quite possibly the sweetest baby that God ever made! I really mean that. You smile at just about everyone. It is so precious. When we come in your room to wake you up (although these past few weeks you have been waking us up...) you just give us a BIG smile. And you do it every single morning! 

You are pretty much content no matter what we do or where we are. If we stay home, that's fine. If we run errands all day long, that's cool too. You sleep during Ladies Bible Study and church just fine. You will pretty much sleep where ever I put you.

You have been sleeping for 12 hours at night since you were about 10 weeks old (8-8) and I absolutely LOVE you for it!!!! You follow the eat-play-sleep schedule perfectly, but you're still super flexible, too!


You're not really moving around too much on your belly or anything like that yet. I probably need to be giving you more tummy time :-/  You will hold yourself up on your arms when you're on your tummy, but lately when you try to roll over you get stuck. You are perfectly content being stuck, so there's not too much motivation there!! You are not rolling from back to tummy yet. You are reaching for everything and putting it in your mouth. That is pretty cute. You love your bumbo chair and you usually sit in it while dad and I eat dinner together. We let you sit in the middle of the table like you're a centerpiece. You're the cutest centerpiece ever :)

This past month we have done a lot with you! A few weeks ago we took you on your first plane trip to Albuquerque. You got to meet lots of your daddy's family! I will write a whole different blog post about that!! While we were there, you climbed up the Sandia Mountains! How impressive!


Okay fine, your dad is holding you up from below. But it was a very creative picture idea! I thought your dad was crazy at the time, but the picture turned out to be a hit. I think 50 or so people "liked" it on Facebook, lol!


We also took you on your first of many beach trips this month! We went to the Outer Banks with your Grandma and Grandaddy Neel! You never really got in the water while we were there (in fact, you actually just slept the ENTIRE time), but now that you're home I've taken you to the pool and you sort of like it. Sort of :)

You are just the most amazing and sweetest little girl I have ever met. I can't get enough of you! I am so grateful that I get to stay home and spend my days with you! 

Now if only I could keep you this small forever....

1 comment:

  1. Well done, Momma!! Elisabeth will LOVE this blog when she can read, which should be in about another year os so if she's on-track with her reading program:-) <3

    E, happy 5 mo birthday to our sweet niece! You really are special and beautiful beyond words!!! I love you being so small and delicate BUT I am excited to teach you to climb trees in a dress and play catch, too! Tell your mommy not to worry... I will pick the sap out of your pippies!
    Love, aunt carrie

    ReplyDelete