First off, Happy Father's Day!! Aren't these two the cutest!?
We decided to go camping for Josh's first Father's day and it was a BLAST! Now, I hate camping. Like, I seriously seriously seriously thought I hated camping. Josh has been trying to get me to go since we were married (almost 4 years ago) and I would never agree to it. But I thought it sure would make a nice Father's Day weekend, so I did it.
I mean, who wouldn't want to go camping with these people!?!? Matt, Kim, and their son Isaiah were SO much fun to go camping with!! These people don't play around! They brought a small grill, a french press (you know I need my coffee), kitchen utensils, I mean basically everything. We were not really going without. We ate chicken and steak kabobs for dinner and had eggs and sausage for breakfast (and breakfast burritos, yummm). It was all delicious! There was a bathroom, a hot shower, and running water. It was fantastic.
You may be wondering, what what whatttt, you took a 5 month old camping!?!? I know, I was skeptical myself, but she was PERFECT! She slept right through the night and took naps super easily in the tent. She even took some in the Baby Bjorn while we were out and about. She is so easy!!!!!!!!! Praise the Lord :)
We arrived at Deep Creek State Park Friday night around 10pm. Josh and Matt set up our tent in the dark (they're awesome) and then we sat around the campfire for a while because my husband is a little bit of a pyromaniac and couldn't handle not having a first on the first night :)
On Saturday we went on a 5 or 6 mile hike up one of the mountains and it was so beautiful!
Check out these hotties with their babies!! Real men wear babies :)
Kim and I made the guys a yummy Father's Day dinner on Saturday night and we just hung out around the fire. We had such a great time just sitting around a fire together! It was so nice to not be attached to my phone and be checking facebook. We were just completely enjoying one another and our friends!
Umm, how cute are these campers?!?
On Sunday morning we had some delicious breakfast burritos!This is something I'm going to have to start making at home on a regular basis! While Kim and I made breakfast, the guys fed the babies. Josh can now feed Elisabeth because...... we started her on solids this weekend!!
It was not planned AT ALL. I didn't bring a bottle with me, so when I pumped in the morning I had nothing to do with the milk! Since Kim had brought some Gerber oatmeal I decided, "why not?" It was hilarious. I've never seen a baby sooooo excited about eating! She looked like a baby bird sticking her neck out shaking her head back and forth until the spoon was in her mouth. To say she liked it would be a total understatement!
I was super hesitant to start solids and I seriously have no idea why. Some people told me that I should wait until she was 6 months or later for reasons x, y, and z and it was just silly. At least it was silly for my baby :) Elisabeth was so excited to start eating. She would whine constantly when we were eating at the table and she would just stare at us every time we were eating. She was so mad!!
Next time I promise to be less stubborn and to just listen to the moms who have done it before me. No I won't, but it's a nice thought! Ha! :)
All in all, we had an awesome camping trip! I can't wait to go back again, hopefully before the summer is over!!
PS- Elisabeth, you are the cutest baby I have ever seen!! Thank you for being so wonderful, you have no idea how much joy you bring to our lives!!






No comments:
Post a Comment