So I’m FINALLY linking up with Kelly’sKorner for her “Show us Your Life- Children’s Rooms”
I love children’s rooms! I had all these
great ideas for Elisabeth’s nursery. Some of them we did, but a lot we just
didn’t even have time to do! But it all worked out because people gave us so
many wonderful things for her room that it just looks beautiful! I’m really
excited to post pictures and write about all the wonderful things people made
that we put in her room!
This is my sweet baby girls room! It
just makes me so happy being in here! I wanted a room that had no theme at all,
but I couldn’t find the right bedding. I settled for a purple cherry blossom
theme and I really like it! I just wanted something simple. That can be so hard
to find these days!!
This is the view when you walk in and
look to the left. Those beautiful cherry blossom paintings were our splurge.
They were from this reallllly fancy store…. Sikeeeeeeeeeeee. My sweet husband
made them for Elisabeth! Isn’t he amazing!? I’m still in shock that he painted
those! I think they are so beautiful!!
And yes, I just said, “sike.” :)
The chair in the corner is an extremely
comfortable nursing chair from Babies R Us. It’s a deep chocolate brown with
very smooth corduroy-like fabric. I really love it! And the beautiful
purple/blue blanket on top is one that my mama made for Elisabeth! It has a
beautiful purple ribbon that goes around the edge and it also came with a
matching Ravens teddy bear! So cute!!
If you look just a little further to the
left, you will see the picture frame my sweet friend Pamela made! It has all
the letters of the alphabet, but then the E is bold. So, essentially is says,
“E is for Elisabeth.” And it matches her room! So adorable! Funny story- Pamela
actually had to make several of these for us because we kept changing our mind
about the name, Ha!! She’s a good friend! :)
In this corner we have her dresser,
totally full of clothes J And a few other things that people gave us. The
beautiful pictures hanging on the wall were taken by our friends, the Hillmars.
They take some 1 month photos of Elisabeth and they are just absolutely
beautiful! These are just 3 of the many that I loved!
The top is Elisabeth’s feet with our
wedding rings around the toes. The bottom one is my hands around her feet
making a heart. And the middle is Josh and I both holding her cute little body.
We got some of these photo ideas from Pinterest, such a great resource!
This
isn’t a great picture, but I LOVE the needle point that my Grandma Jeanne made
for Elisabeth!! It says the day she was born, her full name, and how much she
weighed. My Grandma is so amazing! Also, to tie in the pink I keep some
ADORBALE shoes and a little pink piggy bank up there, both were given to us by
friends. And the Purple lamp is from Pamela and the super cute picture of Josh
and I in our Ravens gear was from my friend, Kathryn. That picture was taken in
the photo booth after my amazing baby shower!!
A
little further to the right and you can see Elisabeth’s crib! We didn’t put her
name above her bed until she was three months old. In fact, her room wasn’t
really completely put together until she was three months old. We’re not
typical first-time parents I guess. I traveled to three different Michaels' to get all the letters. I became very
dedicated because I felt bad about not doing it earlier. Ha!
If you know me, you know this is my
favorite part of her room!! Lol! I love baby girl clothes! I love dresses and
bows so much, I just think they’re so cute! I hang all of her dresses and a few
of her outfits and then everything else goes in her dresser. It’s organized by
size and then type (church dresses vs play dresses). I also LOVE the hair clip
holder that my friend, Faith, made for Elisabeth! Isn’t it adorable!? It says, “Beauty is not in the face, it is a light in the heart…" Amen!
And here’s is a picture of my sweet
sleepy baby cuddled up in my chest earlier this morning. Thought I would throw
a pic of her in there just for good measure J
Have a great day!!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your baby's room is adorable.
ReplyDeleteI am in awe of the cherry blossom paintings. Beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI am (belatedly!) stopping by from Kelly's Korner.