The OBX is one of my favorite Kelehan Family traditions and I seriously hope we continue to do it every year as our own child(ren) grow. I have gone all but three years since I was 5 years old. Just so I don't forget, this is who went in 2012:
- Aunt Conni and Uncle Tom, cousin Shawn and his wife Amanda and their children, Sydney and Evan. Cousin Damian and his wife Jenn and their children Corey and Mason
-Aunt Sara and Jim, my cousin Marina, and Jim's {adult} children, Will, Julia, and Ashleigh (so good to have them back!!)
-Aunt Mary and Uncle Tom and my cousin Mary Rose {we missed Samantha and Suzy!!}
-Aunt Denise and Uncle Mark and my cousins, Kara, Marky, and Chachi (Kathryn). {And their family friends, the Hites {I'm definitely spelling this wrong, came too!}
- My pops, Josh and I and Elisabeth, and Carrie, Sean, Erin, and Luke
We really missed Uncle Kevin and his clan, Uncle Steve and his family, Uncle Tim, and Grandma!! I LOVE my big family!!
I really enjoyed our house this year! It was right on the sound and made for some beautiful sunsets!! It was called Tonya's Sunset, how fitting :)
Elisabeth was pretty fantastic the entire trip... besides waking up several times every night!! On the first day she learned that if she cried, I would feed her... well, she's a fan of that!! When we got home she got right back on her normal schedule though. Whew :)
These cousins are pretty cute! Luke and Erin LOVE Elisabeth. They want to do everything with her and I absolutely love it. They would help feed her, change her, put her suit on, and play with her at the beach. Sometimes Erin will hold her and I'll look over while they're snuggling and she'll say, "You're my baby." Ha! You didn't push her out kid! But I appreciate the love :) In fact, I'm writing this post while I'm at my sisters house and Erin just came upstairs and said, "Is she awake from her nap yet?!?!" They're so cute!
| Why is my dad so funny!? They were just making the most ridiculous faces!! |
As I'm writing this post I'm thinking, "Why did I not take pictures of the apple uglies we ate!?" I want to write down all the important things from vacation so that I never forget... and obviously eating apple uglies should have been on there. If you ever have a chance to go to Buxton, NC.... go to Orange Blossom Bakery and get some apple uglies!!! They're certainly not diet food, but it is like, the best thing ever :)
Well, here is the most ridiculous picture ever. Seriously! What are these guys doing?! And why is Marina placed PERFECTLY in the background??
| Elisabeth with some of my cousins! Marina on the left, Mary Rose and Kara on the top right, and Chachi and Aunt Carrie in the bottom right |
| Cutest baby ever! |
| Neel Family 2012 |
I love our little family! We had such a great vacation! I wish we could live at the beach, it is SO relaxing!
Okay, this is a good story. On Thursday night we decided to have a bonfire. Josh was so stoked about his idea. We invited everyone, bought wood and smores fixins, it was gonna be perfect! We kept saying, why don't we do this every year! This will be such a great tradition to start! And at first, it was! We're all sitting around the campfire... and then the mosquito started biting. And they wouldn't stop! It was seriously like attack of the mosquito! Within 15 minutes everyone was gone. We maybe stayed another 5. I never even got to have a smore!!! But it certainly was a fantastic memory that I will always have, and that's what it's all about!! When we got home my sweet husband made me a smore in the microwave! Ha!
In short: I LOVE THE BEACH
I wish we could go all summer long. Seriously. Every time we go down there I dream about moving permanently and homeschooling my kids and being out on the beach by 1pm every day. Josh assures me that his company will never let him work remotely again, but a girl can dream, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment