To be perfectly honest, I started ugly crying about 3 seconds after I realized my diamond was gone. I called Josh and I was just a wreck. The first place I looked was under the sofa cushion I was sitting on and I didn't see it. Then I searched all over the floor where I had just worked out and there was nothing. Oh my goodness I was SO UPSET! I had recently read something about choosing joy in everything and I slowly decided that I was going to be joyful in this situation. I put on my Chris Tomlin Pandora station {best thing ever} and started singing praise songs to my savior as I swept the floor! I was on the floor looking under the couch when I had this thought that if God wanted me to find it, I would! And if he didn't, then I won't. And that is okay. While laying on the floor I put my head down and I just prayed for several minutes. I was overcome with peace about not having my diamond anymore. If it was gone, it was gone. I was not getting another one. And I was okay with that!! God is so good to give us such peace and comfort in any circumstance. But then this little girl woke up....
I mean, this is super corny, but she is my real jewel!! I just LOVE her! And to have her and my amazing husband safe and with me is amazing. What else do I need?? God has given me SO much! With that said, I know some people do loose the people closest to them, and I have to believe that God would get me through that as well. But that is not something I'm trying to write about right now :)
And then my husband came home, and look what he found....
The best part is that it was where I had looked first, under the couch cushion. LOL! I'm grateful that I found it, but I'm more grateful for the closeness that I felt to God while it was missing. I really was okay without it. It's just a "thing." Realistically, it wasn't replaceable, but it didn't need to be! God has been challenging Josh and I in the past few months to really think about what we consider a "need." It's nice to have "things," but I guess I learned that they're not worth crying over when you loose them, no matter how expensive or sentimental. The Lord says, "Be joyful always." {1 Thessaonians 5:16}. He does not say, "Be joyful when things are going well for you." I am going to try and do better at that this week. With God all things are possible, right?? I'm not judging anyone who lost their ring and had a major melt down {remember, I did at first} but I'm glad that my God showed me a different way! It was so freeing to not be upset about it!
And lets be honest, I'm pretty exciting to go pick it up this afternoon :) hehe
At least there was a good outcome from what happened! And the best part is you realized what matters most. It is also good that you found the diamond. Maybe the diamond came off because the clips were dismounted or unfastened. Good thing you were able to repair it. Just be sure to take care of it and do some jewelry maintenance to keep the stone safe and secure.
ReplyDeleteRegards,
Bridget Rossi
Losing something is certainly jarring in itself, but losing something that symbolizes your relationship with you partner is bringing scary on to another level. Good thing your husband found the diamond you were looking for. And surprise, surprise! It was in the first place you looked for it! Anyway, I think you should let the diamond ring get checked every once in a while because the setting can break or weaken due to frequent use.
ReplyDelete@Kirby Wampler
I think the sense of worry took over you the first time you started looking, and that’s why you couldn’t find the ring. Good thing your husband kept a level head and found it! I guess that’s one story that has a valuable lesson: never be overcome by worry because it will keep you from finding the truth.
ReplyDelete@Kimmy Barnes